Coffs Harbour Auto Electrical Uses and recommends Project battery Chargers. Project offer a great range of well built and well featured battery chargers.
What to look for in a battery charger?
There are a lot of options when it comes to chargers, here are some of the feature we think are essential and the reason why:
- Sturdy Construction – for mobile applications like caravans, camper trailers or motor homes it is important to have a easily mountable and sturdy case to meet the mobile environments demands
- Multistage charging – Batteries really are quite fussy when it comes to how they are charged and maintained. This is the difference between getting good battery service/life and suffering a battery failure while on the road. Minimum of three stages (Bulk, Absorption and Float) is required extra stages such as rejuvenation and maintenance are nice features to have.
- Ability to limit charging current – This is critical with AGM batteries as too high a current can prematurely end a batteries life if let run flat. This also means the charger can be run below its maximum output reducing heat and noise.
- Temperature sensor – It is critical to monitor the battery temperature while charging as battery temperatures significantly affect battery life
- Clear Display – The ‘perfect’ battery charger should have a clear display and an easy to use menu. Our Recommend charger also has a remote display that can be mounted in a convenient spot inside the Caravan or Motor Home.
We recommend the Projecta IC2500 Intellicharger for most applications upto 200 Ah, This Charger has a maximum sustained and continuous output of 25 Amps, it is a 7 stage charger with ability to control maximum charging and has a range of battery types to select the correct charging cycle, it comes with a clear and easy to read LCD display and an intuitive and easy to use menu(we setup the charger for you if we install it). Also available is a remote face that can be installed in a convenient place.